The most comprehensive tool to assess cognitive abilities.
The Predictive Index Learning Indicator™ is the leading international cognitive ability assessment tool providing you with unique insight into the individual’s on-the-job performance in a future position. The PILI score allows you to compare candidates objectively and increase the likelihood of a successful person-job fit.
Why the Predictive Index Learning Indicator™?
- Quick and Easy to Use: The Predictive Index Learning Indicator™ is a scientifically validated management tool that offers fresh understanding of the individual logical basis that makes people work- and gives you the insight to enable them to work better. The PILI system generates 50 multiple choice questions dynamically through a question selection algorithm that ensures a balanced mix of question types and difficulty levels, hence a comparable difficulty level each time the questionnaire is produced. The PILI is time-constrained and takes a maximum of 12 minutes. The candidate should attempt to answer as many questions as possible within this time limit. The different categories of questions measuring numerical, verbal and abstract reasoning are designed to address the perception and processing skills of the candidate i.e. cognitive abilities. PILI is a unique assessment tool which presents results in a manageable format and contains a statistic module with full access to historical data. It is easily administered via a multi-language web platform; allows you to compare candidates objectively and enables a lean and efficient screening and recruitment process.
- Based in Science: Our clients use PILI because of its science-based, easily applicable and very reliable results. PILI assigns considerable resources to research, ensuring that it is in compliance with the requirements for assessment tools in terms of validity, reliability, privacy and data protection. PILI was developed in compliance with the guidelines laid out by with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) as well as the standards set out by the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Society of Industrial & Organizational Psychology (SIOP). During the development of the assessment the entire database of questions was reviewed by multiple individuals with different cultural backgrounds (ex. European, African American, Asian etc.) and any items that could not be changed to sufficiently address the cultural reviewer’s concerns were deleted.
- Broadly Applicable: PILI is available in more than 70 languages and has in each case been subject to a rigorous translation process, ensuring cultural appropriateness and functionality of the final text. PILI is active in more than 50 countries. More than 100 different nationalities have completed a PILI test. A PILI link is issued every 2-3 minutes (on average) somewhere around the world; has around 2,000 users globally and approximately 200,000 assessments are conducted each year and growing rapidly.
- Unlimited Internal Use: The PILI is based on an annual investment basis reflecting the client’s size, making it extremely flexible and scalable. This unique approach provides clients with unlimited internal use of the instrument with candidates and employees, allowing use of the PILI throughout the organization.
- Self-Sufficient: The PILI System is built on a model of self-sufficiency rather than per click or consultant dependency. The PLI Admin system is straightforward and user-friendly. Users have direct access to all training materials and video demos available in the support center.
Works with the PI: PILI produces the cognitive picture of an individual’s set of competences and is thus highly combinable with PI. Personality profiles measure the work-related needs and motivational drives of an individual, and combining personality and logical assessment gives the company an unparalleled insight into a current staff’s or a candidate’s potential for performing in any given position. Some psychologists believe that the two assessments in combination can explain up to 40-60% of the variance in job performance.
PILI is 100% owned IP protected cognitive assessment tools. The PILI admin system is a web-based application tool ensuring an efficient and speedy screening process; the only dynamic test system- each assessment is unique as it is generated dynamically from a large pool of questions. PILI is thus the perfect tool to use prior to employing new people as it indicates the probability of success for the new employee on the team. When the candidate has completed the questionnaire their score is calculated instantly and will be available to the PILI test administrator immediately.
Assessing your respective employee’s general cognitive ability is extremely valuable due to its direct impact on job performance. A high level of general cognitive ability implies that an individual is able to obtain job knowledge on a high level and at a rapid pace. Consequently you will be able to identify employees with a high probability of performing excellently.
Designed as a broad recruitment tool PILI is applicable for all candidates invited for interviews and for all types of positions at all levels. A key advantage in assessing cognitive abilities is that they are relevant to examine for both entry level and advanced positions.
It is known that the general cognitive ability becomes a better predictor of job performance as the complexity of the job increases. For complex jobs such as senior leadership, strategic levels or certain specialist jobs, a measure of general cognitive ability will show an ever higher predictive validity. PILI thus enables you to manage your employees on every level and to match every job with the right candidate.
As your Local Consultant, we are committed providing you the best support needed to help ensure the highest levels of success and will continually guide you as you develop into a full subject matter expert.
- More than 100 different nationalities have completed a PILI test
- A PILI link is issued every 2-3 minutes (on average) somewhere around the world
- PILI has around 2,000 users globally
- Approximately 200,000 assessments are conducted each year and growing rapidly
- PILI is active in more than 50 countries
- PILI is available in more than 70 languages