The Predictive Index® (PI®) system is the cornerstone of our Behaviour Suite which is based on our proven methodology of integrating data, technology, knowledge and expertise. Leverage this suite to gain breakthrough results by analyzing, aligning, and optimizing your individuals, teams and leaders.
The Predictive Index (PI) assessment: for individuals
The Predictive Index behavioural assessment is the foundation of the Predictive Index system, with more than 2 million assessments completed every year. It is a science-based assessment that provides managers with accurate, actionable data quantifying the unique motivating needs and behavioural drives of each employee and potential employee.
Why the PI assessment?
The PI is a practical, quick, and easy-to-use solution for gathering employee insights. The assessment takes approximately 10 minutes to complete, and allows for clients to interpret results on a candidate or employee immediately.
The Predictive Index is work-related, free of bias, valid and reliable. Designed to help employers comply with their obligations under the EEOC’s Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures, it can be used for both selection and career development opportunities. We’ve conducted hundreds of statistical studies demonstrating the extent to which the PI predicts workplace performance. These studies cover dozens of industries, such as healthcare, financial services, hospitality, business services, transportation, manufacturing, and many others.
The PI is used widely across multiple industries, jobs, levels, company sizes, growth trajectories, and business models. It is available online in 68 languages, and is used in more than 140 countries. A paper-based version of the PI is available in Braille.
The PI is based on an annual investment basis reflecting the client’s size, making it extremely flexible and scalable. This unique approach provides clients with unlimited internal use of the instrument with candidates and employees, allowing use of the PI throughout the organization.
The Predictive Index system is built on a model of self-sufficiency rather than per click or consultant dependency. Managers are trained on the use and application through the PI Management Workshop™, the companion Knowledge program to the PI assessment. This program is often referred to by participants as the best management development program of their careers.
The PRO survey: for jobs
The PRO is a job analytics tool that allows clients to quantify the behavioural requirements of any specific job, at any level, within their organizations. Created through input from multiple stakeholders, the client-defined output provides a PRO or “target” for the role. Armed with this information, hiring managers are better equipped to evaluate the job fit of candidates. By using the PRO before making a hire, clients can achieve better agreement on the behavioural requirements for any role, resulting in clear expectations which help the individual succeed right from the start.
Why the PRO survey?
The PRO works alongside the PI assessment, allowing clients to evaluate the potential similarities or dissimilarities between the behavioural requirements of the job and the behavioural needs of the candidate. This provides concrete data about a candidate’s fit for a particular job and where potential challenges may exist.
The PRO, used alongside the PI, allows clients to develop targeted behavioural interview questions to be used in the selection process. Once an employee is hired, the PRO and PI data, as well as that from the interview and other sources, can be used to inform the most effective on boarding and development plan to support the employee going forward.
The Group Analytics: for teams
Validity of The Predicative Index®
- Since 1955, global organizations have depended on the Predictive Index® (PI®) as a strategic assessment tool for improved employee selection, talent management, and leadership development. Our clients have confidence in PI not only because of its user-friendly accuracy but also for its scientific and research-based foundation.
- The Predictive Index® (PI®) assessment was developed and validated in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Guidelines, as well as the professional standards established by the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Society of Industrial & Organizational Psychology (SIOP).
- Our parent company, PI Worldwide®, remains dedicated to conducting research that ensures that the PI is work-related, free of bias, valid and reliable. Our in-house research team has amassed an extensive library of over 400 criterion-related job validity studies covering multiple jobs, industries and countries that document PI’s validity and application in the business world.
- For additional information on the science and validity of the Predictive Index, please Contact us
To leverage the benefits of our Behaviour Suite solutions, you have continuous online access to tools and data that support a fast-paced and analytical decision-making process. You collect, analyse, and apply assessment data through our technology platforms, including robust integrations to industry-leading applicant tracking systems (ATS) and human resource information systems (HRIS) applications.
Convenient system-generated reports, available in 19 languages, help you apply and communicate preliminary behavioural insights quickly and easily.
accessPI is a complimentary, powerful, and easy-to-use software solution that provides all Predictive Index clients with secure online access to their valuable PI assessment data. The data resides on highly secure central servers, from which you define who within your organization has access, as well as what they can see and do within the program.
In addition to intuitive online help features, PI Worldwide provides two weekly live webinars in English for any client wishing to leverage this powerful technology solution to its fullest.
- Global access: Clients securely administer PI and PRO assessments electronically anywhere in the world. By eliminating geography from the recruitment equation, and leveraging the 65 languages into which the PI has been translated, you can consider more candidates and easily share observations, ideas, and strategies with their teams.
- Client defined and client controlled: accessPI’s robust administrative features allow you to create easily your own folder structures, access rights, password formats, and much more. Powerful functionality enables you to search, view, organize, share, and analyze all of your assessment data with other authorized users.
accessPI-Connect (“Connect”) is an optional online enhancement to accessPI that seamlessly integrates the Predictive Index assessment into your own web-based recruiting or HR initiatives. We’ve integrated Connect into approximately 20 web-based solutions, including Oracle/Taleo Business and Enterprise Editions, for which we are an Oracle Validated Integration Partner.
With Connect, the delivery of the PI is automated, and applicants complete all online requirements consistently and in one comprehensive and time-efficient experience. All PI data generated is stored and accessible in accessPI. Connect is available in two editions to meet the varying needs of our clients:
- Survey Edition: Survey Edition administers the PI assessment directly through your website, ATS, or HRIS. You access your data directly through your standard accessPI accounts.
- Enterprise Edition: For clients seeking additional convenience, functionality, and a single sign-on solution, Enterprise Edition provides all the benefits of Survey Edition while allowing convenient access to Connect-generated PI data directly from the ATS or HRIS. You can leverage additional functionality such as emailing, downloading, viewing, and printing PI assessment data directly from your web-based applications, without having to log into accessPI.
Since training our very first Predictive Index client in 1955, knowledge transfer has always been essential to our methodology. It is one of our core beliefs that clients benefit most when they develop their own subject matter experts who can leverage the power of the Predictive Index system for sustainable, repeatable business results. We incorporate best practices in learning and leadership development to ensure ongoing reinforcement through our education programs and online resource center.
Predictive Index Management Workshop™
The Predictive Index Management Workshop blends instructor-led classroom learning with online resources that put predictive data and insights to work for your organization right away. Many participants have shared that this learning experience is the most transformative and useful management training they’ve ever had. Read more about the impact of the PI Management Workshop in our client testimonials.
The Predictive Index Management Workshop opens the door to a powerful perspective and method for achieving both immediate- and long-term business results. Experienced PI consultants teach you how to harness the power of the PI assessment, interpret data, deliver feedback, and use these insights to work with individuals and teams at your own organizations.
By the end of this in-depth workshop, you are certified as a “Predictive Index Analyst” and leave the course understanding yourself, your teams, and your organization in entirely new ways. You learn to leverage PI data for job modelling, selection and hiring, leadership development, succession planning and many more applications.
Learn more about the Predictive Index Management Workshop and who benefits from certification as a Predictive Index Analyst.
To help ensure the highest levels of success, you are assigned one or more dedicated consultants from among our PI Worldwide Member Firms. As part of our unlimited access pricing model, these business professionals continually guide you as you develop into a full subject matter expert. They’ll help advance your company’s analytical capabilities, and are available to apply your Predictive Index data and insights to your specific business needs. Each consultant is committed to providing you with the best experience while maximizing the impact of the PI in your organization. Learn more about our PI Worldwide Member Firms.
- Business owners and executives concerned with corporate performance
- HR and hiring managers measured on the quality of talent they attract
- Project managers and team leaders responsible for assembling and managing high-performing
- 8,000 Clients in 142 countries
- 45 Member Firms and 400 experienced consultants worldwide
- Assessments in 70 languages, including Braille
- Client renewal rate of more than 90%